The Columbus Fire was formerly known as the Columbus Battle Stars. In 1997, the Fire purchased the title right to the Columbus Battle Stars and formed the team's new name to the "Columbus Fire" (no affiliation with Columbus Fire Department).
The Columbus Fire is a community driven organization dedicated to the promotion of organized amateur athletics. We strive to develop and support the teaching of personal responsibility, genuine values and commitment to team work by allowing our members to be a part of a positive social environment to volunteer for and partake in various community service projects.
Listed below are ways in which the Columbus Fire Football Team have supported local communities:
- Sponsoring and conducting youth football and cheerleading camps featuring celebrity participation from current and former NFL players.
- Working with Habitat for Humanity
- Supporting Juneteenth Festival.
- Easter Seals Telethon.
- Sponsoring youth teams in Gus Macker 3 on 3 Basketball.
- Sponsoring and adopting youth little league football teams.
If you or your organization has an event and would like to the Columbus Fire to participate, please contact us and give us details.